Tuesday 15 April 2008

Chicago Pride Com - 15/Apr/2008

[Source]
"Brothers & Sisters"' Luke MacFarlane Comes Out
by Kevin Wayne
Tue. April 15, 2008  12:00:00 AM 
Canadian actor Luke MacFarlane, who plays the character of Scotty Wandell on ABC's 'Brothers & Sisters', came out in an interview with the Toronto Globe & Mail today.

photoThe 28 year-old actor says that his sexuality is no secret to his family and friends but this is still the first time he comes out publicly.

"There is this desire in L.A. to wonder who you are and what's been blaring for me for the last three years is how can I be most authentic to myself - so this is the first time I am speaking about it in this way," MacFarlane told the Canadian paper.
The interview coincides with the 'Brothers & Sisters' episode that focuses on MacFarlane's character Scotty and his marriage to Kevin Walker, played by Matthew Rhys.

"I don't know what will happen professionally ... that is the fear, but I guess I can't really be concerned about what will happen, because it's my truth," said MacFarlane.

Macfarlane, who has been connected in a number of Webblogs to several well-known actors, was asked by The Globe and Mail if he currently has a boyfriend but declined to answer.                         

No comments:

Post a Comment