Monday 10 September 2007

Out in Hallywood - 10/Sep/2007

[Source]
Face-to-Face with Matthew Rhys...
By Greg Hernandez on September 10, 2007 11:06 PM

Just got back a little while ago from San Antonio Winery in Los Angeles where a party celebrating the release of the first season of "Brothers & Sisters" on DVD. Wanted to sit right down and share with you my conversation with Matthew Rhys, the handsome Welsh actor who plays Kevin Walker on what is my favorite show.
Greg: Which episode from the first season is your favorite?
Matthew: "To me, it's the road trip [Episode 9: "Mistakes Were Made, Part 2]. I don't know if it's because I watch it and look back and remember how much I laughed or how much I laugh when I actually watch it - especially Rachel Griffiths in the bar playing pool and laughing. That episode seems to be quite real in the relationships. It's a road trip and you're forced into certain situations and as a result of that you get some great conflict."
Greg: OK, now what about this season? Have you had any scenes with Scotty (Luke MacFarlane) yet?
Matthew: Yes I have. Dear Luke MacFarlane. It's fantastic having him back foir every reason. Primarily because he's such a good actor but everything else that goes with it."
Greg: So what's going on between Kevin and Scotty?
Matthew: Well that's the thing, we don't know. We are literally on a need to know basis. I'm still waiting to see. We've just met [up again] at the moment and are still very platonic - at the moment."
Greg: Have you had any scenes with the senator's brothers [xxx xxxx]?
Matthew: Yes, I have.
Greg: Have you locked lips with anyone yet?
Matthew: I have. Well, I did with the senator's brother at the end of last season. [Kevin] was drunk. The first time we actually shot that, Ken Olin yelled 'Cut! It's like you're wrestling.' So it wasn't the greatest of starts for me and Eric."
Greg: Scotty would never wrestle with you.
Matthew. Nooooo. He's very sensitive.
Greg: So is Kevin going to get a little smarter about relationships this season?
Matthew: "I think there are external influences that challenge that. It's not necessarily his immaturity but other reasons that are out of his power.
Greg: The show has a lot of fans, you have a lot of fans. A lot of the gay viewers love your portrayal of Kevin Walker who I think is the best-written gay character on television.
Matthew: "I have had a fantastic reaction from the gay community which is so heartening.The creative and writing team set out to make [Kevin's sexuality] an issue without making an issue out of it and I think they succeeded."
Greg: OK, last question. Are you gonna take Uncle Saul out to a gay bar or anything?
Matthew: [laughs] I sincerely hope so! I think the mileage that could be had from that experience would be too good to pass up."

No comments:

Post a Comment